Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos was performing well in the main event of Eagle FC 47 until an unfortunate injury caused an abrupt end to the contest. Dos Santos entered the event aiming to snap a four-fight skid. Standing in his way was Yorgan De Castro, who was making the fight competitive before Dos Santos’ shoulder became dislocated just over a half-minute into the third round. Dos Santos became audibly upset as the realization began to set in that the fight was over because of the injury. Despite his best efforts to pop the shoulder back into place on his own and hope to continue fighting, it did not happen and the fight was stopped. After things settled down, Dos Santos provided an update on his situation via social media.
BAD MMA Trending CloudUFC • Bellator • Conor Mcgregor • news • breaking • video • Jon Jones • Daniel Cormier • PFL • Khabib Nurmagomedov • AXS TV Fights • WSOF • featured • Dustin Poirier • videos • Ronda Rousey • Anderson Silva • Donald Cerrone • Jorge Masvidal • Amanda Nunes • Demetrious Johnson • photo gallery • Michael Bisping • MMA • radio highlight • Max Holloway • Tony Ferguson • tyron woodley • Nate Diaz • Georges St Pierre • Jose Aldo • francis ngannou • radio • Derrick Lewis • kamaru usman • mma junkie radio • joanna jedrzejczyk • Holly Holm • anthony pettis • stipe miocic
- MMA News (85640)
- Junior Dos Santos shares health update following shoulder injury at Eagle FC 47
- Mick Maynard’s Shoes: What’s next for Holly Holm after UFC Fight Night 206 loss?
- Mick Maynard’s Shoes: What’s next for Ketlen Vieira after UFC Fight Night 206 win?
- UFC prospect Chase Hooper in no rush to the top: ‘The O’Malley approach is always a great one’
- Khabib Nurmagomedov puzzled by Cain Velasquez’s imprisonment: ‘What about other guy?’
- UFC’s Sam Hughes explains putting Daniel Cormier on the spot about after win: ‘I’m not no quitter’
- Michel Pereira claims Jorge Masvidal slid into his wife’s DMs, wants to make him pay in the octagon
- Chidi Njokuani says he proved his UFC debut was no ‘accident’ with second-straight first-round finish
- 4 biggest takeaways from UFC Fight Night 206: Does Holly Holm have a legit gripe for her loss?
- Julianna Peña vs. Amanda Nunes 2 official as UFC 277 heads to Dallas