Mads Burnell is not happy with the evolution of jiu-jitsu, and thinks it comes with a cost, at least in MMA. With jiu-jitsu vastly changing and evolving from self-defense to more of a sport in recent years, Burnell (17-5 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) thinks it’s become less effective in fighting. Returning at Bellator 299 this Saturday against Daniel Weichel (42-14 MMA, 11-6 BMMA), Burnell (17-5 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) was pretty vocal about the current state of jiu-jitsu
BAD MMA Trending CloudUFC • Bellator • Conor Mcgregor • PFL • Jon Jones • Daniel Cormier • Khabib Nurmagomedov • Dustin Poirier • AXS TV Fights • WSOF • Anderson Silva • Jorge Masvidal • Ronda Rousey • Amanda Nunes • Nate Diaz • Donald Cerrone • Max Holloway • Francis Ngannou • Michael Bisping • Demetrious Johnson • Tony Ferguson • Dana White • Kamaru Usman • Tyron Woodley • Jose Aldo • Michael Chandler • Georges St Pierre • Derrick Lewis • Henry Cejudo • One Championship • Aljamain Sterling • Charles Oliveira • Holly Holm • Joanna Jedrzejczyk • Alexander Volkanovski • Anthony Pettis • Stipe Miocic • Cage Warriors • valentina shevchenko • t.j. dillashaw
- MMA News (99028)
- Bellator’s Mads Burnell blasts ‘soft as f*ck’ modern jiu-jitsu for making art less effective for MMA
- Mateusz Gamrot eager to test grappling vs. Islam Makhachev: ‘I am the best wrestler in the lightweight division’
- Daniel Cormier says Stipe Miocic has ‘never looked better’ ahead of Jon Jones title fight at UFC 295
- Bryan Battle declares himself ‘most exciting to come out of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ in forever’
- Johnny Eblen confident in striking vs. Fabian Edwards at Bellator 299: ‘I’m going to rearrange his face with my fists’
- Aaron Pico advises young fighters to focus on development, not championships: ‘There’s no rush’
- How the hell has it been 14 years since Chuck Liddell graced us with a Foxtrot?
- ‘Mayhem’ Miller pens lengthy apology for ‘self-destructive behavior’ after latest arrest
- Fabian Edwards plans on turning Johnny Eblen into a panic wrestler at Bellator 299: ‘At heart, that’s what he is’
- UFC Fight Night 228 breakdown: What is Mateusz Gamrot’s path to an upset of Rafael Fiziev?