Conor McGregor has had a host of thrilling matchups inside the UFC octagon during the course of his career, but none were more exciting than his rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 202 in August 2016. Diaz stunned the Dubliner in their first meeting at UFC 196 when he rocked the Irishman, then took advantage of an ill-advised takedown attempt to gain top position and smash him with strikes before locking up a rear-naked choke for the win. McGregor’s response to his first UFC loss impressed everyone backstage at MGM Grand Garden Arena that night. He showed up to the post-fight press conference, admitted his mistakes – “I was inefficient with my energy tonight” – and vowed to return a better fighter. Not for the first time, he made good on his promise. The rematch was booked for UFC 202, with McGregor insisting that the bout be contested once again at welterweight
BAD MMA Trending CloudUFC • breaking • Bellator • news • video • Conor Mcgregor • featured • videos • Jon Jones • mma rumors • Daniel Cormier • PFL • Khabib Nurmagomedov • AXS TV Fights • WSOF • Dustin Poirier • Ronda Rousey • Anderson Silva • Donald Cerrone • amanda nunes • Jorge Masvidal • Demetrious Johnson • MMA • tyron woodley • max holloway • Michael Bisping • Nate Diaz • Tony Ferguson • radio highlight • Georges St Pierre • Jose Aldo • radio • francis ngannou • Derrick Lewis • kamaru usman • joanna jedrzejczyk • mma junkie radio • Holly Holm • stipe miocic • photo gallery
- MMA News (82728)
- Mick Maynard’s Shoes: What’s next for Ciryl Gane, Brandon Moreno after UFC 270 title-fight losses?
- Mick Maynard’s Shoes: What’s next for champs Francis Ngannou, Deiveson Figueiredo after UFC 270?
- Ilia Topuria releases statement on UFC 270 withdrawal: ‘I will come back stronger than ever’
- Beneil Dariush confident grappling with Islam Makhachev: ‘I can do whatever I want’
- Said Nurmagomedov hopes to return before Ramadan in April, interested in Marlon Vera
- Michel Pereira surprised by Andre Fialho’s first round efforts at UFC 270
- Francis Ngannou details extent of knee injury, says doctors warned him of potential ‘irreversible damage’
- UFC 270 post-event facts: Deiveson Figueiredo makes history by reclaiming gold
- Report: Ex-UFC, Bellator fighter Maiquel Falcao killed in Brazil stabbing
- At 34, newcomer Victor Henry wants quick UFC rise: ‘I’m not here to take the easiest fights’