LAS VEGAS – Bryan Barberena was crushed when he learned Matt Brown wouldn’t be able to make Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 31 . The forum in which he got the information didn’t help, either. Barberena was 11 days out from his welterweight bout with Brown and pleased with his preparation going into the final stretch of camp. He was spending some of his downtime playing video games when a viewer on his live stream informed him Brown had announced a positive COVID-19 test on social media. The news caught Barberena way off guard, he said, and his subsequent reaction was one of shock. “Definitely crushed in a sense – right away the initial reaction was just heart dropped,” Brown told MMA Junkie at Wednesday’s UFC on ESPN 31 media day.
BAD MMA Trending CloudUFC • breaking • Bellator • news • video • Conor Mcgregor • featured • videos • Jon Jones • mma rumors • Daniel Cormier • PFL • Khabib Nurmagomedov • AXS TV Fights • WSOF • Dustin Poirier • Ronda Rousey • Anderson Silva • Donald Cerrone • amanda nunes • Jorge Masvidal • Demetrious Johnson • MMA • tyron woodley • max holloway • Michael Bisping • Nate Diaz • Tony Ferguson • Georges St Pierre • Jose Aldo • radio highlight • radio • Derrick Lewis • francis ngannou • kamaru usman • joanna jedrzejczyk • mma junkie radio • Holly Holm • stipe miocic • anthony pettis
- MMA News (82638)
- UFC 270 faceoff: Brandon Moreno, Deiveson Figueiredo have first trilogy-fight staredown
- UFC 270: Francis Ngannou, Ciryl Gane verbally spar over memory of actual sparring session
- Video: Watch today’s UFC 270 pre-fight press conference, including Francis Ngannou and Ciryl Gane
- UFC 270 faceoff: Francis Ngannou, Ciryl Gane have first staredown at press conference
- Photos: UFC 270 pre-fight press conference faceoffs, highlights
- Alexander Volkov vs. Tom Aspinall headlines UFC’s March return to London
- Video: UFC 270 will see two titles change hands … or … maybe not?
- Ilia Topuria: Movsar Evloev not undefeated anymore after pulling out of UFC 270
- Bellator vs. Fedor or Triller Triad Combat? Roy Nelson says he’s weighing options for next move
- Video: Watch today’s UFC 270 pre-fight press conference, including Francis Ngannou and Ciryl Gane (8 p.m. ET)