The Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports (ABC) on Wednesday passed two changes to the unified rules of MMA. The ABC’s annual conference takes place annually at a different location around the country with many heads and representatives of commissioning bodies from around the country and beyond in attendance. This year’s conference is in Niagara Falls, N.Y., Led by association president Mike Mazzulli, the conference takes place over the course of five days. The first two days consist of refereeing and judging courses led by certified instructors Kevin MacDonald and Sal D’Amato. The three days after are spent discussing prevalent issues in MMA and listening to guest speakers. Topics such as weight cutting, fighter safety, open scoring, transgender athletes and TUE exemptions were discussed at this year’s conference
BAD MMA Trending CloudUFC • Bellator • Conor Mcgregor • Jon Jones • PFL • Daniel Cormier • Khabib Nurmagomedov • AXS TV Fights • Dustin Poirier • WSOF • Anderson Silva • Ronda Rousey • Donald Cerrone • Jorge Masvidal • Amanda Nunes • Nate Diaz • Demetrious Johnson • Tony Ferguson • Max Holloway • Michael Bisping • tyron woodley • kamaru usman • Jose Aldo • Georges St Pierre • breaking • francis ngannou • front page • Derrick Lewis • ufc news • one championship • joanna jedrzejczyk • Henry Cejudo • charles oliveira • anthony pettis • Holly Holm • Michael Chandler • stipe miocic • Cage Warriors • Dana White • t.j. dillashaw
- MMA News (91298)
- UFC 282 Countdown Video: Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon
- UFC 282 Countdown Video: Jan Blachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Jack Black reacts to Stephen Thompson’s UFC on ESPN 42 win: ‘Still got it’
- Manager: Kevin Holland suffered broken hand in first round of UFC on ESPN 42 loss, needs surgery
- Sean Shelby’s Shoes: What’s next for Kevin Holland after UFC on ESPN 42 loss?
- Sean Shelby’s Shoes: What’s next for Stephen Thompson after UFC on ESPN 42 win?
- 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 42: Should Rafael dos Anjos win the Conor McGregor sweepstakes?
- Roman Dolidze explains why he should be Khamzat Chimaev’s return fight to middleweight
- Tai Tuivasa reacts to UFC on ESPN 42 knockout loss: ‘Didn’t get to put on a show and a shoey’
- Manager: Kevin Holland suffered broken hand in first round of UFC on ESPN 42 loss